The Joint Commission Quality Check Data Release License
These license terms are an agreement between The Joint Commission and you. The agreement applies to data downloaded from The Joint Commission website. Please read. “You” and “your” apply to and include the individual downloading data as well as any organization for which the individual is acting as employee or agent.
Downloading this data also operates as your consent to be identified by The Joint Commission as a recipient of this data.
By proceeding to download this data you accept these license terms:
- Use rights. If you comply with this agreement, you may download this data.
- Scope of License. This data is licensed to you, not sold or transferred in any other manner. This data is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws or treaties. This agreement only gives you the right to use this data. The Joint Commission reserves all other rights. You may not simply copy or redistribute substantial portions of the data you obtain from The Joint Commission to third parties, , as a separate product or service.,
- Attribution and No Endorsement. If you distribute to third parties information derived in whole or in part from the data, you will at the same time inform such third parties that The Joint Commission is the source of such information, but The Joint Commission is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, any such use of its data.
- Termination of License. Use of the data contrary to the terms of this agreement automatically terminates this license.
- Disclaimer of warranties. The data is provided to you “as is.” You bear the risk of using it. The Joint Commission gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions and expressly excludes all implied warranties including merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- Limitation and Exclusion of Damages. If you bring a claim against The Joint Commission, you can recover from The Joint Commission and its affiliates only direct damages up to U.S. $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental or punitive. This limitation applies to:
• Anything arising from or relating to the data downloaded;
• Any claim for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence or other tort.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction. The law of the State of Illinois governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it regardless of conflict of law principles. The litigation of any dispute or claim arising under this agreement shall take place only in a State or federal court in Chicago, Illinois USA and you irrevocably consent to jurisdiction of such courts over you with regard to any dispute arising under this agreement.
Entire Agreement. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement with respect to this license and may only be amended by a written document signed by both parties.